This firmware update is only required if you wish to use the MECH5 VCI with iOS.
(Please note the Superscan 3/2/Solo are not compatible with iOS -
To find out how to purchase a MECH5 VCI, Click Here)
- Open MECH5 XLink for Windows (version 188.8.131.52 or newer) without VCI connected to a vehicle. The version number can be seen in the top left-hand corner.
Connect VCI to the vehicle and click "auto detect"
- Double click the settings icon to reveal the “Enable Full Bluetooth” button
- Click “Enable Full Bluetooth” button
- You will receive a message “Updating, please wait…”
- Once updated you will receive the message “Update successful. Your MECH5 VCI can now be used with Apple iOS devices”.
- Finally, unplug your VCI and then re-connect it to the vehicle. This will restart the VCI ready for BLE connection on iOS.
- For help installing XLink for iOS click the link below:
- MECH5 GETTING STARTED GUIDE
- If the update is unsuccessful, please click here to 'Submit Request' or alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org