Windows XLink will automatically let you know if you need to perform a firmware update. (Currently, Android/iOS XLINK can't perform firmware updates)
- Firmware currently is 4.7 (March 2018)
- Open MECH5 XLink for Windows (version 126.96.36.199 or newer) with your VCI connected to a vehicle. The version number can be seen in the top left-hand corner.
- Next, you will be asked to perform a firmware update to continent using MECH5. Please click 'Update Firmware'
- Firmware is updating, please wait
- When the firmware update is finished you will get the below screen. Your MECH5 VCI firmware version will display next to the serial number in XLink